I am a news editor with the Wall Street Journal’s CFO Journal, covering corporate finance. I report on bond issuances, CFO-appointments, corporate debt, mergers and acquisitions, tax, trade and treasury at large U.S. companies.
I relocated to the U.S. in July 2019 after nearly three years with the WSJ in London, during which I covered corporate finance at European and British companies. Prior to my time with the WSJ, I worked as a U.K. Business and Finance Correspondent for Welt N24, a German media group.
I took on this role in August 2013, after my return from Shanghai, where I covered business and finance at foreign as well as Chinese firms.
Prior to my time in China, I underwent journalistic training with Welt N24 in Berlin and worked for various local outlets in Germany. In 2012, I was awarded the “Georg von Holtzbrinck Preis für Wirtschaftspublizistik”, a prize for business reporting, for a story about growing pig exports from Germany to China.
I studied Political Science, Modern History and American Studies at Bonn University in Germany and Georgetown University in the U.S. I also received a double masters degree in Media and Global Communications from the London School of Economics and Fudan University in Shanghai.
- RT @CFOJournal : Amid economic and political uncertainty—and mixed signals on consumer sentiment—the new year finds retail CFOs exercising c… 43 minutes ago
- RT @JChengWSJ : Deng Qianling was woken at 7am with the news, and hustled. "I got out of bed and ran out,” the waitress said. But not fast e… 24 hours ago
- RT @CFOJournal : Artificial-intelligence startup Eightfold AI hired a former Twitter executive as its first chief financial officer to help… 2 days ago
- RT @CFOJournal : BP’s incoming chief financial officer faces a two-pronged challenge as the U.K. oil-and-gas giant is under pressure to incr… 3 days ago
- A brewing battle over how to treat more than $5.5 trillion in assets on company books is pitting investors against… https://t.co/POV1pU8B1O 3 days ago
- The annual gathering of chief executives, politicians, philanthropists and others at Davos has become a… https://t.co/cUsifAjyh6 4 days ago
- New overseas investments by businesses around the world fell for the fourth-straight year in 2019 to its lowest lev… https://t.co/wmzy65027Z 4 days ago
- Medtronic, Coca-Cola and IBM are among the businesses that raised an unprecedented $113.5 billion from so-called re… https://t.co/HzX19lTCPV 4 days ago
- @fretwellb https://t.co/xLdaMlQBOZ 5 days ago
- ThoughtSpot hired its first finance chief as the analytics company looks to grow its business and prepare for a pot… https://t.co/FXdyIUTyRD 1 week ago