I am a news editor with the Wall Street Journal’s CFO Journal, covering corporate finance. In that capacity, I report on U.S. companies and their finances, including bond issuances, CFO-appointments, debt, mergers and acquisitions, tax, trade and treasury.
I relocated to the U.S. in July 2019 after nearly three years with the WSJ in London, during which I covered corporate finance at European and British companies. Prior to my time with the WSJ, I worked as a U.K. Business and Finance Correspondent for WELT N24, a German media group.
I took on this role in August 2013, after my return from Shanghai, China. In China, I reported on domestic and international companies as well as the Chinese economy.
Before I left for China, I underwent journalistic training with WELT N24 in Berlin and worked for a range of local outlets in Germany. In 2012, I was awarded the Georg von Holtzbrinck Preis für Wirtschaftspublizistik, a prize for business reporting, for a story about growing pig exports from Germany to China.
I studied Political Science, Modern History and American Studies at Bonn University in Germany and Georgetown University in the US. I also received a double masters degree in Media and Global Communications from the London School of Economics and Fudan University in Shanghai.
- Companies Say They Want to Save the Planet—but They Can’t Agree How https://t.co/ID9GyQkHbY 15 hours ago
- RT @CFOJournal : Index provider MSCI is targeting complementary acquisitions as it monitors a frothy deals market and prepares for a potenti… 1 day ago
- @fretwellb @Hollers2010 Bigger picture! We did it together and that’s all that matters. 2 days ago
- We ran our first half-marathon in New York yesterday — and I am very proud of us for doing it in the freezing cold!… https://t.co/Yl0QTia5hE 2 days ago
- @fretwellb Very proud of us for doing it! 2 days ago
- RT @CFOJournal : Finance chiefs, in a constant battle to manage costs, increasingly are leaning on zero-based budgeting to add more discipli… 4 days ago
- American Firms Import Fewer Chinese Goods https://t.co/SpIkEZPPZg 5 days ago
- Shh! Companies Are Fixing Accounting Errors Quietly https://t.co/EGlG0WJIwl 5 days ago
- @fretwellb Lovely pictures! 5 days ago
- Expedia CEO, CFO Ousted in Clash With Barry Diller, Board https://t.co/xckEPAo4uz @CFOJournal @WSJ 6 days ago